Friday, December 4, 2015

Too much, Too Much Chocolate Cake

Brent and I see eye-to-eye on most things.  One exception would be food.  When my oldest was only about a year old, I had left him with Brent while I showered.  I came out of the shower to find them both on the couch eating Oreos, a bag of Oreos.  The baby had not had breakfast yet so I was pretty upset.  They both saw me coming and knew they were busted so they both began hoarding Oreos.  My husband started shoving some in his shirt and the baby started stuffing them in his mouth.  Poor little guy couldn't even close his mouth.  I had to hold him over the sink and scrape out the Oreos so that he wouldn't gag.  Fast forward about 15 years later.  My then 4 year old's favorite cake is Too Much Chocolate Cake.  I made one for a Relief Society dinner and one for the family so they wouldn't feel left out.  I came home late and they were all in bed.  Later that night my 4 year old woke up puking all over his bed.  You guessed it, chocolate cake.  I cleaned him up and put him on the couch.  A little while later, he puked all over the couch, again chocolate cake.  I cleaned him up again and put him in the bed with his sister.  Again he puked more chocolate cake.  Exasperated I asked, "How much cake did you have?"  He replied, "Dad let me have four pieces!"  The next day I confronted  Brent.  He responded in his defense that "I only knew about two of the pieces."  I know that Brent may never be the food cop that I am, and I should probably thank him for letting my kids learn through mistakes and consequences.  As my four year old now knows that it is not good to have too much Too Much Chocolate Cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment